Tuesday, December 20, 2016

My Day with Film (Tuesday, 12/20/16)

Tuesday, 12/20/16


Dear Diary,

I shared my review of PASSENGERS this morning. Spoiler alert - I did not care for it. I think the film releases Wednesday for anybody who is still interested. ASSASSIN'S CREED also comes out this week, so I hope to see it and post a review soon.


While working today, I pulled up the latest Movie Fight from the folks over at Screen Junkies. They don't do this all the time, but Screen Junkies recently started this new approach to Movie Fights by getting contestants drunk while arguing movies. It's great.



Today we got two new stills from ALIEN: COVENANT. The first trailer is imminent, per the folks at TrailerTrack.


We also got a brand new still from JUSTICE LEAGUE. This one features Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, and Ezra Miller as The Flash staring pensively at something in the upper right corner.


We did, however, get the first trailer for THE EMOJI MOVIE. It's presented vertically, which means it is optimized for mobile viewing. Nobody will be surprised if the entire movie is shot that way. It's only a tease, but I think this trailer perfectly captures everyone's thoughts about the prospect of a film based on emoji.


There's also another trailer out now for A CURE FOR WELLNESS, which looks like a more stylized version of SHUDDER ISLAND. I'm excited for this one. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be terrible, but I think there's an interesting story and some insane visuals here. And I love haunted asylum horror/psychological thriller movies. This one is out mid-February.

Lastly, my mother is interested in seeing any and all Christmas movies right now, including KRAMPUS. I promised her we'd watch it tonight. We'll see how that goes.


Until tomorrow,

BC

No comments:

Post a Comment