Friday, December 2, 2016

My Day with Film (Friday, 12/2/16)

Friday, 12/2/16


Dear Diary,

I finished watching the extended cut of GHOSTBUSTERS (2016) today. I got more out of the film as a whole than I did before. The humor is still pretty cringey, but otherwise it's not quite the disaster that many think. It's important to form your own opinions about things - movies, art, etc. in particular.


In other news, I found out that there's a 16-second teaser out there for the upcoming reboot of THE MUMMY starring Tom Cruise. The full trailer comes out on Sunday. From what I gather of the brief look so far, it appears similar to what the Brendan Fraser version might look like if it was set in the current time / near future. This is alleged to be part of Universal's shared cinematic universe for its Classic Monsters franchise. DRACULA UNTOLD was apparently the first film in that universe. I've yet to see it myself.

I joined the Cincinnati Film Society today. I'm hoping to meet fellow cinephiles and network with people in the industry going forward.


A friend asked me about Filmstruck, the new online streaming home of Turner Classic Movies and the Criterion Collection. I'm not a subscriber myself just yet. It seems a bit pricey, and the lack of apps presently doesn't help the cause.


Tonight is Smash Cut night at The Woodward in Over-the-Rhine! I've been working for a PR company that's in the middle of a re-branding, and this event is the first to be sponsored exclusively by us. This event has been billed as "a movie-themed comedy game show" hosted by one of the guys from Future Science. I don't really know what to expect, but it should be fun!

Until tomorrow-

BC

No comments:

Post a Comment