Saturday, December 10, 2016

My Day with Film (Saturday, 12/10/16)

Saturday, 12/10/16

Dear Diary,

Today I watched two films at home that I rented from Redbox - MIKE & DAVE NEED WEDDING DATES and HELL OR HIGH WATER. What can I say? I have diverse taste.



MIKE & DAVE was a truly terrible movie. Anna Kendrick is the only reason this unfunny mess was tolerable. HELL OR HIGH WATER has been getting loads of Oscar buzz, and I just saw it for the first time. It's a solid western crime drama, but there's nothing particularly special about it. Not a bad film by any stretch, just certainly not worthy of consideration for awards that are supposed to go to the most outstanding cinematic work of the year.

I reviewed NOCTURNAL ANIMALS today too. You can read that piece here.

Honestly, after this week full of movie trailers and news, I don't mind a day where my interactions with the world of cinema are limited.

Might watch a Christmas movie tonight. I can't decide between THE NIGHT BEFORE or SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT.

Did I mention I have diverse taste?


Until tomorrow,

BC

No comments:

Post a Comment