Thursday, November 22, 2012

American Horror Story: Asylum - "The Origins of Monstrosity (Nov. 21, 2012)

In this week's episode, a mysterious young girl is dropped off at Briarcliff.  We also get a glimpse at the origins of Bloodyface, and Monsignor Howard comes to recommend Sister Jude for a different position at a home for misplaced girls in Pittsburgh.
This episode was pretty good, but not outstanding.  It was thrilling to see Dr. Thredson and Lana act towards one another as they did.  I'm interested to see where the "Mother" thing goes.  Otherwise, not much develops between the two this week.  By that I mean no improvement in Lana's predicament.  She's still chained up in the basement.
I also wonder about the mysterious little girl, whose story didn't quite conclude.  It seems like she may be even more messed up than originally thought.  And is Sister Jude really departing for Pittsburgh?  If so, how will Briarcliff handle the regime change?  It's obvious Dr. Arden and Sister Eunice have a pretty sinister agenda, but what for exactly?  I still don't quite understand their common goal yet.  Also I kinda find their interactions awkward at times, and I wasn't spared this week.  James Cromwell is awesome in the role of Arden, but he's too old for Eunice.  I'm just glad he agrees with me in this episode.
And what's going on with Jenna Dewan-Tatum's character? I don't quite see how it connects yet.  Has she been subject to the work of Bloodyface? And if so, is it still the Doctor or is someone new carrying out his work?  The questions and possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment