Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Office - "Moving On" (Feb. 14th, 2013)


THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Is anyone else's mind blown?

In a special, one-hour Valentine's Day episode of The Office, Pam goes to Philadelphia to interview for a job so that she can be closer to Jim. Turns out, the vibe is all too familiar for her. Andy wages an all-out war on Pete and Erin by bringing back their exes. Toby learns firsthand why they call the local menace "The Scranton Strangler", and Dwight and Angela spend the afternoon helping Dwight's aunt.

There was lots going on, but I think this episode was the best of the season so far. I howled with laughter and found myself pounding my head in frustration at all the appropriate times, something I've been accustomed to as an Office fan. It's what keeps me coming back each week.
It was fun seeing Jim and Pam reconnect for awhile; that is, until the very end of the episode. It's still impossible to tell what's gonna happen there, but if I know Jim, he'll choose Pam over Philly and move back to Scranton. Maybe he'll concede his position at Athlead to Brian (our newly-unemployed boom guy) as a "thank you" for saving Pam...?
The plot thickens even more in the wake of Andy's return. I hope things between Pete and Erin work out after having awkward in-office confrontations with their respective exes. Andy's a scumbag now, and I don't like it. I still wish she'd choose me, but I'm happy seeing Erin with Pete. Andy doesn't deserve her.

This week's epilogue was also a riot seeing Oscar in those ridiculous workout boots trying to do inverted crunches in the break room doorway. But did anyone catch the "Easter egg" after that? On Oscar's computer screen? Something going on in May? Was it a hint at some sort of legacy / farewell / retrospective special? I'm not sure. Hit me up on Facebook (THE REEL MOVIE REVIEWS) or Twitter (@thereelbennyc) to share and compare thoughts. I'm stymied here.

Also, it's looking like there won't be another new episode until March. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment