Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Office - "Couples Discount" (Feb. 7, 2013)


CONTAINS SPOILERS

Last week on The Office...

Everyone heads out to the salon in order to take advantage of a Valentine's couples discount on manicures and pedicures. Meanwhile, Jim and Pam go to lunch with Brian, the boom guy. Andy returns from his 3-month boat trip and tries to re-assimilate, but he has a hiccup with Erin that I'm sure fans already saw coming.

FINALLY a solid episode! "Couples Discount" has a nice balance of laughs and drama, and it actually seems to advance the season's storylines significantly. I think I found myself laughing more with Andy back and the rest of the crew trying to return to the way things were. It's painful and funny at the same time, which is what I've come to love from The Office. 
The awkward tension between Jim and Pam is still there, but it wasn't so bad this time. At least  not until they make it to the restaurant to meet Brian. I'm not quite sure what to expect these next few weeks. I don't wanna see a divorce, but something's gotta give. And if in fact Brian does give in and "Jam's" marriage is saved, how will he go out? It still feels eerily like the end of season 2. . .

Oh and I'd also like to add that I'm psyched to see things looking up for Pete and Erin!! (That kiss! I'm jealous, Pete, but don't worry. One potential homewrecker is more than enough for the employees at Dunder Mifflin.)

No comments:

Post a Comment