Friday, February 1, 2013

The Office - "Junior Salesman" (Jan. 31, 2013)


The Office just seems to be chuggin' right along.

In the first of TWO brand-new episodes this past Thursday, Dwight brings in a handful of his closest friends to interview for the position vacated by Jim while he's in Philadelphia.
Other than that, not much happens. This is the only premise that drives the episode's hilarity. Dwight's friends are fun to watch, many of whom are more dysfunctional than Dwight himself. I liked seeing the teacher from Donnie Darko (Beth Grant) as an interviewee and Dwight's former babysitter.

SPOILERS: Things are also taking a turn for the dramatic with the interactions between Pam and Brian, the show's boom mic guy. Even though things appear to be smoother between Pam and Jim, Jim still doesn't know about Brian's new presence in Pam's life. I'm not sure exactly what's gonna happen there. I've loved Pam and Jim as a couple since I started watching the show years ago. I've always hoped to someday find my Pam and have a relationship like they have. I'll continue to root for them until the series finally concludes in a few weeks.

Overall, Junior Salesman is a mildly funny episode that foreshadows some of the emotional drama to come. I'm still uncertain as to my feelings on this seemingly darker tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment