Saturday, December 3, 2016

My Day with Film (Saturday, 12/3/16)

Saturday, 12/3/16


Dear Diary,

I'm close to landing a stint as an intern on the set of a new indie thriller shooting in Louisville this week and next. I've been in touch with some great people and now just waiting on approval from the Assistant Director staff. More to come on that in the days ahead.


James Wan is directing the AQUAMAN movie starring Jason Momoa for Warner Brothers. It's part of the whole Justice League / Batman v Superman movie universe. The official release date has been announced for that film: October 5th, 2018. That's the exact day my baby sister turns 21. Damn, I'm getting old.

I just saw an article from Indiewire which said that Johnny Depp, David Lynch and J.K. Simmons recently joined THE BLACK GHIANDOLA, a short film directed by Catherine Hardwicke, Sam Raimi and Ted Melfi. It's about a young man risking everything to save the girl he loves after his family is killed by zombies. The kicker is that the short was conceived and co-written by young Anthony Conti, a teen battling stage IV adrenal cortical cancer. It makes my heart happy to see all this A-list talent coming together to turn this kid's filmmaking dreams into reality. I hope to see the finished product someday.

In other news, I think you'll be pleased to know that GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, VOL. 2 looks even better than the original. Marvel just released a brand-new trailer which you can (and should!) check out here:


Baby Groot is poised to steal this entire movie.

Lastly, I'm trying to decide what movie to watch tonight. I have at least one episode of BLACK MIRROR to get through, but after that I'm not sure. Yesterday BLACK MIRROR had me in the mood to watch my Criterion disc of David Fincher's THE GAME, so maybe that'll be the one.

Until tomorrow,

BC

No comments:

Post a Comment