Monday, December 5, 2016

My Day with Film (Monday, 12/5/16)

Monday, 12/5/16


Dear Diary,

I'm thrilled that the rest of "Film Twitter" seemed to watch the same trailer for THE MUMMY reboot as I did. This looks like an absolute dumpster fire of a film. Universal may want to rethink this whole "shared universe" for Monsters thing. I enjoy being a small part of this business, but I just wish studios could learn to leave well enough alone.

If this new MUMMY trailer under your radar, believe me, you aren't missing much, but if you're interested, here it is below:


To make matters worse, there's supposedly a trailer for TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT coming this week. Outspoken thoughts in the days ahead I'm sure.


There is one diamond in the cinematic rough today though. The 7-minute prologue to Christopher Nolan's DUNKIRK feature will allegedly play before 70MM IMAX screenings of ROGUE ONE later this month. Peter Sciretta over at /Film reported this from multiple sources but has yet to confirm with IMAX or Warner Brothers if the prologue will be on all standard digital screenings as well. If not, only 15 theaters in the world will be showing the DUNKIRK footage.

Lastly, it was revealed today that ABC's Jimmy Kimmel will be the Oscars host in February. I'm still rooting for Louis C.K. someday:



Until tomorrow,

BC

No comments:

Post a Comment