Wednesday, January 2, 2013

American Horror Story: Asylum - "The Name Game" (Jan. 2, 2013)


American Horror Story: Asylum is back this week after taking a holiday hiatus, and boy, does it return with a vengeance! Highlighted in the new episode are Monsignor Howard's confrontation with the devil as well as Kit's reunion with Grace at the hands of Dr. Thredson. 
This week was so thrilling thanks to Lily Rabe's stellar performance as the possessed Sister Mary Eunice. I love the way she toys with the Monsignor, proving that she truly is a formidable foe. I've also  been interested in her relationship with Dr. Arden. The two of them have an air of sexual tension between them so thick, you could cut it with a knife. I won't ruin the surprise, but some of that tension is released in a sense. Believe me, if you're a fan like I am, the ending will make your jaw drop.

SPOILER: As for next week, it seems that things might be different with the apparent departure of two characters in this week's episode. I'm excited to see how things might turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment