Wednesday, November 14, 2012

American Horror Story: Asylum - "I Am Anne Frank, part 2" (Nov. 14, 2012)

On this week's episode of FX's thriller, Sister Jude hires a Nazi hunter to gather some info about Dr. Arden. Later, Kit makes a crazy confession about killing his wife.  The patient claiming to be Anne Frank goes under Dr. Arden's knife for a lobotomy in the hopes of restoring her senses and returning to domestic life with her husband.  Dr. Thredson also manages to make his way out of Briarcliff with a patient named Lana.  (Thredson doesn't believe she belongs in a mental hospital, so he agrees to smuggle her out with him.) When the two go back to his home, we get an absolutely mind-blowing twist that I never saw coming.

THIS PARAGRAPH CONTAINS SPOILERS: I got the feeling that something wasn't quite right once Lana & Dr. Thredson arrived at his house. I thought maybe something was going to go wrong for one or both of them.  But I totally did not see the twist with Thredson trapping Lana in his basement and revealing himself as the serial killer "Bloody Face".  It blew me away, and I can't wait to see how it develops.  The show seems now to truly be an amalgamation of "your worst nightmares"; Multiple storylines all with something horrifying going on.
I also enjoyed the ending with "Anne Frank" back to her normal life as a housewife because something seems fishy there as well.  The way the husband got rid of the box of info gathered on Dr. Arden.  The way he said, "Trash?"  It appears almost like a Stepford syndrome where things appear perfectly domesticated on the outside, but turn out to be truly sinister.  Hopefully we'll find out next week.
I also loved the very end with the picture of a young Dr. Arden standing in the background behind Hitler.  I'd say the odds of him coming out clean from all this are not really in his favor.  That guy is screwed.

Till next Wednesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment