Thursday, April 16, 2015

The New Trailer for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is All Kinds of Awesome



As a discerning film critic, one eventually develops a sense of cynicism towards the big blockbusters of Hollywood. I approach every announcement from the Marvel Cinematic Universe with caution. I'm underwhelmed by DC's offerings thus far. It takes a lot to get me hyped for the big movies of summer.

So I guess it's a good thing that the new Star Wars comes out in December.

After watching this new trailer, I'm completely convinced that Episode VII is going to be THE movie of the year. I don't recall the last movie I was this excited to see. The Force Awakens promises high-stakes drama, rousing action sequences, and nostalgic fun. What more do you need?

This trailer showed us just enough without spoiling too much. It teased the Skywalkers as well as some new badass-looking Sith. I reacted with nerdy glee at the sight of Han Solo and Chewy. A perfect way to end a perfect trailer.

The hype, and the FORCE, are strong with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment