Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Walking Dead - "This Sorrowful Life" (Mar. 24, 2013)


Wow. Just wow. So much craziness this week, it's gonna be tough to avoid SPOILERS but I'll do my best and keep it brief...

The day finally comes for Rick to make a decision on whether or not to turn Michonne over to the Governor. Merle makes some character-defining choices that result in him once again coming face-to-face and head-to-head with his brother, Daryl. Glenn has an important request for Herschel, and Rick makes his true feelings known to the group regarding his leadership.
Seeing as this is the second to last episode of Season 3, I had a feeling going in that this week would be solid, and I wasn't disappointed. I was most impressed by Merle's character transformation, as he seems to go from his normal status as a nagging itch that just can't be scratched, to a Wreck-It Ralph-like bad guy trying to play "hero". He seems to flip-flop between those two characterizations, and in the end I think Merle comes out on the right side. It's just too bad for him that things take a drastically unpredictable turn...

In a recent interview with Rolling Stone magazine, Andrew Lincoln (a.k.a. Rick) confirmed that 27 characters will die in next week's finale. Not twenty-seven walkers, mind you, but twenty-seven cast members. I'm not sure if that total includes tonight's casualties, but either way, I think fans are in for a wild ride on March 31st.

1 comment:

  1. SPOILERS I can't make mine red and underlined like yours, but that was a sneaky move on Lincoln's part. He made me think that a lot of big name people were going to die when in reality it was mainly just the Governor's army and 1 or 2 (depending on how you see them) large characters.

    ReplyDelete